Monday, June 13, 2011

Love Notes

Ok. . .so get this.  I am in the process of switching jobs and moving from one church to another.  During the transition, I am working at both places for a few weeks until the “old” church is set up for my departure.  Anyway, you are wondering what this could possibly have to do with my yet again newly single life. . . .
A lady from the “old”church, Amanda, came up to me on Monday morning and said that a man was asking about me.  To which Kathy (my friend at the chuch) responded with –
Oh. . .what man would this be?  With that tone that I immediately recognized. . .the tone of oh look. . .we will find you a date!
I don’t know who he was, I think his name was Rich or Ron or something.  Anyway, he wanted to know where you were because he wanted to speak with you.  When I told him that you were leaving our church for another position and he was very disappointed.  He said that you had made quite an impression on him and he was sad to see you leave.
Who was this guy?  Kathy asked as she was setting me up on a date in her head!
I don’t know. . .but he was impressed with Annie.
The whole thing was just too weird for me. . .I never make that big of an impression on anyone especially enough so that they pursue me like this.  Well, not since high school. . . now I am just an old, haggard mom that no one gives a second glance too.  You may be thinking that this conversation doesn’t really seem like a big enough deal to make the blog. . .but wait it gets better.
The next day when I get to work. . .there is a note on my desk. . .yes a note. 
I was looking forward to seeing you again to let you know how nice it was to meet you. . but I hear you are leaving?  Please call me.  Randall Smith 555-5555.
Um. . .does that seem like a elementary note to you?  I like you do you like me. . circle yes or  no?  Who does that?
I call Kathy into my office immediately to show her the note. 
I know. . .he was here yesterday and he asked for you.  When I told him you weren’t here he left that note. 
So, you saw him. . .who is he?
Oh Annie. . .you have to see this.  And she pulled out the church directory to his picture.
Are you ready for this?  The guy is attractive. . .for a 60 year old man!!!  What does all this mean?  Is he interested in asking me out?  Is he looking for my help with finding him an assisted living home?  Or is he just interested in talking to me about the church?  Or does he have a son my age that he wants to set me up with?  I don’t know!  Do I call him at all or do I just ignore this whole weird situation?
Normally when I ask these questions. . .I already have the answer and I have already done whatever I thought was right.  But honestly dear readers. . .WHAT DO I DO?  Do I try to snag myself a sugar daddy!
So, do I call him or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment